Monday, August 15, 2005

Grilled catfish and other happenings of the past week

My parents arrived last Monday. My dad has lost almost 20 pounds, most of it muscle, unfortunately.

Since there was only one building key (an additional one costs $50), I had to come up with a scheme to let my dad know that I am home, so that he could open the door. I tried the two-way radio thing, but with less than desirable results. I gave up and got a Verizon local calling plan for $15 a month.

Is all the Indian food making me a little too soft? I am listening to Goerge Benson and Neil Young in my car than AC/DC and Maiden. Even Dr Dre's Chronic - I consider it the best piece of music ever made - seemed a little irritating.

Took my parents to a Louisiana restaurant on Sunday. Now these are people who cannot tell the difference between Cajun jambalaya and clam chowder. The Chicken Po'boy that my dad ordered was very good. The grilled catfish was delicious. My mom, the hard-to-please cook, was very impressed and waxed about its taste for 5 minutes while later talking to my sister. I alone, was given an overcooked burger (I did ask for medium).

The next three weekends will be of relentless travel - Atlantic City/Philly, Niagra Falls and Minneapolis/Duluth.

I miss sports - MLB and pre-season football games. This new apartment has no TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home